Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday, Monday

B has not been taking a nap.  The upside is she went to bed at 7:00 last night, slept very well (didn't ask for milk until 6am) and woke up at 8ish.   Today is not a school day and I don't know what to do with her.  We have played Betty Spaghetti, Thomas, jumped on the bed and who knows what she played while I showered.  Now, she is eating a late breakfast/early lunch of miso soup with lots of tofu. Usually she only gets this when we go to Sushi Dinner - B's favorite.  I finally took it upon myself to figure out an easy way to make it at home.  At the Whole Foods, I found a refrigerated miso (non-pasteurized) with a recipe.  I bought a carton of chicken stock (probably should try veg stock too), and some tofu.  So easy.  Heated up a cup of broth, added about a tablespoon of miso, added cubed firm white tofu (packed in water) and heated through.  B is on her third bowl.  I am having left over roasted vegetables with couscous and chickpeas over arugala.  What will we do next?  Go see fish at PetSmart?  Barnes and Noble?  Who knows.  

No comments: