Monday, November 9, 2009

How Quickly They (B) Grow

I really never realized how quickly children can change the first year of life. Well, I know they go from being truly helpless to walking within a year, but I didn't really realize how drastic the growth really is.

I was looking through our iPhoto program yesterday, looking for pictures to put in a book or calendar for my Mother for Christmas. Either is a good idea for her, since there really isn't anything she needs or wants. She always says, "save your money, I don't want anything." But I know she would enjoy a little book of photos of B and she would use a calendar for sure. Anyway, I was as I was showing B the pictures of here when she was a baby, I was really shocked. Here are a couple of pictures that highlight her growth. Oh, and you know what is sad? Of all the pictures I take, so few are actually good.


3/2/2007
I don't have any pictures on the computer before this.
New camera, new computer. My little chubbub.


5/10/2007
Just a couple of months late and crawling.
Still not a lot of hair.


9/6/2007
A little over a week after she started walking.

10/13/2007
The walking really slimmed her down, and
oddly made her hair grow. Go figure.


1/9/08
This is when she used to let me dress her.
She would never wear this now.


10/9/2008
Right after her birthday.


1/1/09
Not much different from the last picture.


This is from 10/21/09.
My grown up girl who eats
cake all by herself, picks out her own clothes, and knows
the difference between a quadruped and a biped.


I hope I am good about taking photos of Charlie after he/she is born. It is fun to go back and look at B as she has grown. I always think she looks the same, never changing. And she pretty much looks like herself in all these photos. A lot of the same expressions, doing the same things, and the same hair color (though it blonds in the summer then goes back to strawberry in the winter). I will have to remind myself to go through the pictures from time to time, so I don't find myself wondering when she grew up - though I do wonder when she went from 3 to 12.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Great pictures. It's always fun to see them grown on film. Just wait - it only gets faster and faster....