Monday, February 2, 2009

On the Table or in the Trash: Breakfast Tart - Williams Sonoma

In the last couple of Williams Sonoma Catalogs, there has been a recipe for a Breakfast Tart.  I bought all the ingredients to make it last weekend, but forgot to thaw the puff pastry.  My Husband reminded me on Saturday to throw it in the fridge, and we made it Sunday morning.  I forgot to take a photo, but here is the one form the catalog.  

Breakfast Tart

It pretty much looked like this.  Smaller though.  I used Trader Joe's puff pastry, which is a smaller portion.  I also think I needed to dock the middle more, it puffed up too much during the first bake, so when I cracked the eggs over top, some white ran off.  Also, I would use 4 eggs, so everyone gets one (the recipe states it serves 4). It also took a bit of time to make, but it was delicious.  Perfect if you are having a brunch or even a nice dinner.  Verdict?  On the Table.  

No comments: