Monday, February 16, 2009

A First: A Fantastic Valentines Day

I am not a romantic.  Not At All.  So, Valentines Day really holds no allure.  I did make cards to send to my family.  I bought B new trains, sent my Mom some caramel.  I certainly wasn't expecting a present from my husband.  Neither of us are big present buyers.  We buy stuff as we go along.  We hardly buy cards for special occasions.  But Saturday morning, my husband gave me a Cuisinart Ice Cream maker.   I have been wanting one forever.  (I like to make ice cream and the freezer bowl types took a lot of forethought.   This, you just plug in and freeze your base.  Well, I guess it takes a little forethought to make base.  But in this machine, you can freeze batch after batch.  I made vanilla chocolate chip  and chocolate with peanut butter cups yesterday.)  Anyway, you could have knocked me over with a feather.  I cannot remember the last time I was that surprised.  I may be weird, but nothing says love like an appliance you have have been dying to get.   

The great day continued.  B was well behaved and took a nap.  We all went for a "romantic" dinner at sushi dinner.   Then for ice cream at 318.  It was a great day.  Here is a photo of the ice cream maker.  



No comments: