Monday, March 9, 2009

On the Table in the Trash: Coffee Cake Muffins

I made plans to have a friend and her son over to play this morning, but B is sick.  Runny nose, coughing, a bit warm.  I thought I would make Coffee Cake Muffins (from the Martha Stewart website) and put them out with some fresh fruit.  Since I had the butter, sour cream and eggs at room temperature, I thought I would make them anyway.    After reading the comments, I added an extra 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon to the streusel and some pumpkin pie spice.  


The streusel before I added the butter.


B helping out.


The finished product.

The problem I had with making the muffins is this;  it is hard to judge how much batter to put on the bottom and still have enough batter to top the muffin off.  I used 1.5 ounces of batter on the bottom, I would have been better off with an ounce.  I also should have added more streusel to the middles.  They didn't look right (which is why there isn't a photo of the muffins before I put them in the oven, I didn't think they would turn out) and I pretty much wrote them off.  Low and behold, they came out pretty good.  The taste is nice, the muffins are moist, but they are big.  I would have liked them regular muffin size as opposed to jumbo.  I don't know what I am going to do with all the muffins - they are definitely On The Table.


No comments: