Sunday, June 26, 2011

I Made This!! Dixie Dress for Charley

Since Mike is home on Saturdays, I have a little time to sew. Last week, I did a ruffle dress for B (I get a picture up sometime). This week, I made the Dixie Dress, which is an adaptation of Leila and Ben's The Sweet Little Dress. I didn't make it exactly as the Dixie. For one, the dress isn't reversible, because I just didn't have the right fabric to use as the reverse pattern. I used the bias tape I made for the butterfly dress. I am marginally happy about how it came out. I used both the serger and my sewing machine. (Next project is going to be stretchy knit, so I can expand my serger skills.) The are holes are a little deep. Charley did not want to try it on, so I had to estimate everything.






Isn't B's dress cute? It is Calypso from Target.

No comments: