Thursday, July 2, 2009

Recipe: Chocolate-Peanut Butter Ice Cream

I really like to make ice cream. Actually way more than I like to eat it. Ice Cream always tastes so good at first, but then it leaves me very full, very thirsty and with a very trouble tummy. Still, I persevere. For the 4th, I am making chocolate peanut butter ice cream (my nephew will love this and the s'more cupcakes I am going to try) with the addition of fudge and peanut butter patties. So far, I made the ice cream base and the fudge, now I just need more peanut butter for the patties. All recipes from The Perfect Scoop (with my little tweeks). Sorry, no photos. I ran out of camera batteries today.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream

1 cup (250ml) heavy cream
1 cup (250ml) whole milk
(or 500ml of half and half - which I didn't have)
1/4 cup (25g) unsweetened dutch process cocoa powder
1/2 cup (100g) sugar
pinch of salt
1/3 cup (130g) smooth peanut butter

Whisk half and half, cocoa powder, sugar and salt in a large saucepan. Heat mix, whisking, until it comes to a full boil (mix with foam up - a lot). Remove fro heat, whisk in peanut butter, stirring until blended ( I used a whisk and a spoon.)

Chill in refrigerator, then freeze in your ice cream maker.

Mix in peanut butter patties during the last couple turns of the ice cream maker, then layer in the fudge ripple as you transfer the ice cream to a container.

Fudge
1/2 cup (100g) sugar
1/3 cup (80ml) light corn syrup
1/2 cup (125ml) water
6 TBSP (50g) unsweetened dutch process cocoa powder
1/2 tea vanilla extract

Whisk together sugar, corn syrup, water and cocoa in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk constantly, until mix begins to bubble. Continue to whisk until it comes to a low boil. Cook for one minute, whisking constantly. Remove form heat and stir in vanilla. Chill before using. IT must be throughly chilled when you add it to ice cream.

Peanut Butter Patties ( I only did half the recipe)
6 TBSP (90g) peanut butter
2 TBSP confectioners sugar (sifted)

Mix peanut butter and sugar together. Line a plate or platter with plastic. Pinch off small pieces of the peanut butte mixture about a 1/4 teaspoon (the book says 1/2 teaspoon, but that is a big frozen chunk - I like smaller chunks) each and drop into the plate. Freeze until ready to use.

Well, this ice cream was AWESOME! So good. It didn't make a bunch of ice cream, but what it made was so good. And the fudge recipe made so much that I added it to my vanilla ice cream also (and still have some left). It was a big hit today at my sister's for the 4th. Check the next post for the s'more cupcakes.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Invest in Ripple on eToro the World's Best Social Trading Network...

Join millions who have already discovered easier strategies for investing in Ripple.

Learn from established eToro traders or copy their positions automatically!