Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Elsie Marley KCWC - KIds Clothing Challenge Week October 10 - 17

KCWC is a twice-annual event where Elsie Marley challenges me (you) to commit to sew children's clothes for an hour each day for 7 days. So, despite the mess I have left over from B's party, the ton of laundry that needs to put away and the fact the we **may** be moving on the 27th, I am going to try and use the fabric and patterns I bought to at least sew the girls some corduroy pants. I am using an Oliver and S pattern - which is really the first paper-type/non-pdf pattern I have used in a long while. I bought some grey corduroy at Joann's for B's pants and some pink corduroy from Vogue (using some of my birthday gift certificate - thanks Cathie P.). So, here it is out there, that I am doing this challenge. Now that it is public, I have to do it.


So far, I have spent my time transferring the pattern in both sizes and cutting the fabric. I have my machines all set up. I am just going to re-read the instructions and hope for the best. Wish me luck!

kcwc_button_fall_2011


And I will post what little pictures I have from B's party. I worked so hard on it, and forgot to get the camera going. Yikes, where is my brain! I have a couple, and B's Grandfather took some pictures that he will hopefully email to me - Hint, Hint Mr. B).


No comments: