Sunday, February 12, 2012

Daddy/Daughter Dance And I Made This!

Tonight was our park district's Daddy/Daughter Dance.  One of the Dad's was going to take his daughter and kind of recruited a couple of other Dad's to go too.  Mike asked B and at first she wasn't too keen on the idea.  But then, when she found out she didn't have to actually dance, she came around.   She got a special dress (much to my dismay  -  I wanted her to wear the sequined top she wore Christmas Eve) and was very excited to go.  (She may also gotten some sparkly shoes at Target.)

B started to ask bright and early this morning if it was time to go to the dance.  She had been waiting all week top wear her special dress.  We did a dry run this morning over her pjs.  Charley insisted on getting dolled up too. 





The girls also got some new goggles at Target.  They wore them in the bathtub last night too. (I'll spare you those.)



At long last, it was time for the dance.  B took a shower and Mike (yes, Mike, I cannot do hair) did B's hair.  I put a little blush and lip balm (I mean lipstick) on B and added some stink on purple gems to her ears.  She was quite glamorous.  Mike didn't clean up so bad either.  And, I will probably jinx it, but the girls have been playing together a lot lately.  lots of hugs and kisses too.  I smile every time I see them all sweet. 



 

Charley and I did something special too.  She got dressed in the t-shirt dress I made her yesterday and we went to Joann's to buy more thread for the bathing suit I am (slowly) making her.  The dress is made from one of my old t-shirts.  I used the Lil Blue Boo Sienna Dress pattern.  I made it a 2T, but it is kind of big on her.  The ladybug dress I made is too big too.  Charley is so slight, stuff isn't too long, just too wide.  Still, she was excited to wear it.  And, Charley picked out her own tights.  That is Boy the Whale she is holding.  You know B and her names. 


In other news, Heart Shell the turtle is well (I think - really, how many turtles do I know?).  She is swimming around.  The girls fed her earthworms today.  ICK!  I ask B to let me know when it is over.  Poor worms.  

In really good news, DING DONG, Ole' F-Face is gone and our floors are DONE!!!  Can you hear my excitement?  In really bad news, Anna the cat is on the outs (permanently) with Mike because she walked on the freshly poly'd kitchen floor.  Yes, little kitty prints on the lovely kitchen floor.    I should point out, you can see the floors in the photos above.  They look good, I am happy with them.  Barely.  You know, after Ole' FF touting himself such a perfectionist, the floors will never be as good as he builds it up to be.  You know after 6 weeks of torture, they really should be perfect.  But he is gone and oh, joy, we can put the house back together.  Oh wait, that sounds like more work and I've got girls clothes to sew....

1 comment:

Johanna said...

I am so behind! SO glad that your floors are done. They look amazing. And worth the torture. I can't believe two things: 1. that you made all those adorbs clothes for the girls and 2. that you have another animal living at your house. Love it.