Thursday, October 10, 2013

B's 7th Birthday Party

Hold onto your hats, there are lots of pictures in this one!
I cannot believe B is almost 7. Sometimes it seems like yesterday she was just a little thing.
Here is the customary birthday tee and cheesy smile.




We had B's party a couple weeks early, hoping for good weather so that the 25 kids would be outside. We had a fantastic day. The bounce house arrived early so the girls played while my sister and Cathie P. helped with all the last minute stuff.












When I asked B what type of party she wanted, she said reptile.




Cathie P. introduced us to Lovin Ovens, a great bakery. They made this delicious turtle cake that my sister picked up. The turtle looks a lot like our turtle, but is made of cake.




Wanting to keep all kids out of the house, I set up the food on the screen porch. I went for a jungle-look. I wanted more streamers, but Mike told me to step away.




Palm trees from Amazon....




And snakes I made from paper rolls I bought from the school supply.








Popcorn.




Fruit and veggies.




And pearlized gum ball snake eggs.




Burlap and leaves for the table.








And a cobra for atmosphere.








Jeremy from Dave Dinaso's Traveling World of Reptiles entertained.




He was quite awesome. Not only were the animals entertaining, Jeremy himself was funny. He did a great job of including Charley too. Below the girls are on some type of tortoise that did a nice job of mowing the lawn.












This was a monitor lizard giving B kisses.








This was some type of lizard, maybe named Pancake?








This snake (python? constrictor?) was albino and maybe 15 feet long.












The last time we had the Traveling World of Reptiles, B refused to hold the tarantula. I was very proud of her this time. B is not a huge fan of spiders.




Chatch isn't afraid of much.




This is a juvenile alligator.








And here is an iguana. It was very cool.








And the finale, was B holding 3 snakes.








This is probably my favorite photo.












Then it was time for cake and ice cream.
















Below are the cookie favors, which also came from Lovin Ovens.




I think B had a good time getting to know her new school friends. B talked a lot about the animals and even bounced with her sister after the party.

1 comment:

Jodie said...

Hi georgine, I tried to answer your query on my blog via email but you are set to "no reply". I hope you don't mind me answering it here.
If you can do blanket stitch then you should be fine to make these guys!. A creative card is a mini-pattern. In my case they are usually for something cute like a teeny toy or pincushion. The pattern pieces are still printed full size like a proper patterns , they are just for little projects.